We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up for our mailing list, sign up to volunteer or host an event, fill out a form, complete a survey, make a donation, request a reminder, request support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, contact information (such as email, address, and phone number), payment information, demographic information, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site.
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, if you register to vote through a third-party site or app, such as Vote.org, they may share certain information with us. This enables us, among other things, to remind you to vote.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Provide the information you request, process donations and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of CTA, PTL, and others;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about events, services, offers, and promotions offered by CTA,PTL, and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Likewise, all personal information and other unique identifiers submitted in the process of registering to vote are used to produce the voter registration form for you to send to your local or state election officials or to confirm the appropriate online submission form. If you provide a state-issued identification number or Social Security number, it will be used solely for the production of your voter registration form. Understand that once you mail in or electronically submit your voter registration application to your local or state election officials, it becomes a matter of public record and is available for inspection and use by those who satisfy the requirements of the State law governing its use.
CTA is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With organizations, groups, or causes that we believe have similar objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of CTA, PTL, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
We are not liable or responsible for personally identifiable or other information you choose to submit on any publicly accessible area of the Site.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Your Choices Cookies Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. [Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information.] Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
Promotional Communications You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from CTA by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications.
Disclaimer to Security